Subject: [Leica] Alt Hood for Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun May 20 15:49:18 2007

John the Elmar M 2.8 50 (1994) is just a conventional E39 screw in hood
arrangement. I don't have mine any longer, but I am nearly
certain that there is no provision for the clip on style hood. Because of
the compact design, there is very little room between the
aperture ring and the front edge of the lens. You can of course also find a
range of aftermarket hoods that fit, as well as the
original Leica one that comes with the lens.

Cheers
Hoppy