Subject: [Leica] IMG: Not so KISS - too busy?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 24 13:35:47 2007

Philippe asked:

>>>I think there's a something in this picture
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Noir+et+Blanc/Busy3-R4-Tri-X.jpg.
html> of mine, but I'm not sure.
What do you think?<<<<<<<<<<<,

Philippe mon ami,
It's so busy there's only one location for it. "File 13!"

I know what caught your attention......... so much stuff and a couple of
people way up there at the right background!

However that doesn't make it a worth while photograph of any sort! If it's
digital delete it! If it's film loose the negative!

You've shown far better than this. It's one of those locations where you as
a photographer get sucked in by the over all look, then you try too make a
photograph! Quite frankly don't feel bad because I'd bet there's any number
of people on he list who've been sucked in by similar circumstances. At
least I'm first to admit I probably one it more than once and eventually
thrown them away. That's life! :-)

You asked and I returned the truth! :-)

Oh yes there's probably going to be someone who'll praise it or make some
stupid inane reason why it's a "great photo!"  Quite frankly the best thing
you could do is tell them to get stuffed!  Simply because it just doesn't
work!
ted

Replies: Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] IMG: Not so KISS - too busy?)