Subject: [Leica] IMG: Chance meeting
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat May 26 05:22:28 2007

Peter Dzwig wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I prefer the first one. He looks very relaxed and contented.
>
> I presume you mean a 5 *cm* finder. I would go for a VIOOH or an Imarect
> or one
> of the good Russian rotating turrets, much more flexible and only a little
> more
> bulky.

Hi Peter,

I have a 5cm finder (you are right, I made a typo) now and I really
don't think I'd go for anything else. It is a 1:1 finder and is dead
easy to use with both eyes open. The 50mm framelines just float around
in the air when you keep both eyes open.

I'm curious about the turret finders, but they just mask things off or
zoom in, don't they? Do you get so see what is happening outside the
framelines?

And ... it has those parallax lines.

Daniel

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Chance meeting)