Subject: [Leica] Friends and family
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon May 28 00:43:18 2007

We had some people over last weekend.  I'm still learning to use the M8.
Start here, and browse the first 8 pictures:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170>

The last picture shows why I've posted B&W, apart from the fact that I like
B&W:  My dining room is mixed lighting hell during the day--daylight from
the glass door to the back, tungsten above the table, and florescent spill
from the kitchen.  And I don't have my E46 IR filter yet, so my 35/1.4
Summilux ASPH went naked.  So we got the blues, we got the greenish casts
on the walls, and we got ruddy faces and magenta black clothing:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1000398-w.jpg.html>

This is what Dante's Inferno would be like if he'd known color management!

I was using the M8 at 640 with -2/3 EV to protect highlights.  It's a
little noisier than I'd like. The noise does weird things as you resize the
picture.  I'm going to try 320 and underexpose 1 and 2/3 stops with the
exposure compensation next time.

Several of these files printed wonderful letter-sized prints.

--Peter