Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome vs Film
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon May 28 09:09:08 2007

Dale,

Where did you mail the mailer to? I assume it was to Kodak. If it is
an old mailer the address could have changed. I have some Ektachrome
mailers that I have to send to a different address then what is
printed. Also the number of labs processing Kodachrome has dwindled
considerably so the turn around time of the remaining labs has
probably increased considerably.

As for digital and film, what is the problem? I shoot both. But I
haven't shot Kodachrome in years. There are some very good slide
films available that I get processed locally within 24 hours. I also
shoot b&w and process it myself. If my favorite film gets pulled from
the market, I just start using something else. I don't throw my
camera away.

Try the Fuji films or the Kodak Ektachromes. You might like them. And
you won't have to wait 3 weeks.

Len