Subject: [Leica] WAS 30. "Plus!" ;-)... NOW... M8 comments
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon May 28 09:53:46 2007

Daniel Ridings said and asked:
>>>It's nice to see your turn turn up Ted. You've been quiet lately. I hope
your M8 is serving you well!<<<<

Hi Daniel,
I do try to look at most picture postings, but can't always make it. My
loss.

The M8 is perking along just fine, touching wood with one hand as I type
this with the other. :-)

Oh once in a while I see something slightly different than expected, not
necessarily wrong but interesting, give it a shrug and move on. As I've said
before the main problem with all digital cameras is........ they came along
50 years too late! :-) Or maybe I arrived on planet Earth 40 years to early!

The odd time in colour where it looks a little on the "warm side" while
shooting strictly available light mixture ...... window daylight,
incandescent, fluorescent and bulbs of various wattage I just shrug it off
as no different than shooting colour slide film under similar lighting
conditions..... it isn't going to look like it's all perfectly white light
as though shot with day light..... white balance or no!

Besides under various lights all in the same exposure who determines what's
"absolutely white correct?"

Bottom-line? If the photo looks cool, hell run with it and don't get ones
knickers in a knot over a warm look. Besides I much prefer warm to cold any
day. By the same token I've yet to experience "magenta" of any great amount
using any lenses. Obviously once again typing with one hand and the other on
my wooden desk! ;-)

I haven't bothered with filters I just figure they're just another pain in
the ass fiddling things to take up my picture taking time. Besides I figure
the God's must be good to me or crazy whichever fits given they've allowed
me to reach my 78th birthday yesterday and still shooting assignments of
interesting things.. ;-)

Quite frankly if I were shooting on the heavy duty level I was a few years
ago I'd have 3 M8's hanging off my neck today as I did with M7's.

I suppose the simple answer to your question ..

ted