Subject: [Leica] Improved M8?
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Tue May 29 14:53:31 2007

I believe the the Gnomes of Wetzlar deliberately designed the reflex camera
dimensions and mount to preclude any adaption of Nikkor lenses.  Some of the
early R lenses were not as good as the better of the Nikkors.

Leonard Taupier <len-1@comcast.net> wrote:  > Gene,

The Nikon mount was developed long before Leica ever thought of
making an R camera lens. The fact that Leica R lenses don't fit on
Nikon bodies appears to be a Leica lens problem and not a Nikon body
problem.

I bought the Nikon D200 when it first came out. I have not had 1
seconds worth of problems with it. On the other hand. The M8, which I
love and use all the time, has locked up a few times and also gives
me weird WB photos from time to time. I have learned to live with them.

Regards,
Len