Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG Digest, Vol 35, Issue 44
From: chris at tarsier.freeserve.co.uk (Chris Birchenhall)
Date: Wed May 30 01:39:28 2007

Hugh

Nice one! You may have convinced me. Better start saving and spending less
on other kit.

Many thanks, Chris

------------------------------

Chris - it depends on what you expect from a digital M.  I had no
heightened expectations.  I wanted something that would shoot when I
asked it to, without asking why.  I wanted to produce low light
shots, something to give great black and white - a camera to
challenge me to take it further, not a camera which would argue and
look like a tank.

I am very happy with the images mine produces, and I love working
with it, that's the reason my photography is do diverse.  Who could
ask for anything more.  Of course there are issues, but I don't dwell
on them, they are part of the character of the camera.

The bottom line is, if you don't go out and shoot, you have nothing.
The M8 encourages me to go and get it - in fact I would love to be
working with it 24/7 - wonderful dream ......

Hugh