Subject: [Leica] Re: [LRflex] OT: Oly 4/3 - expert advice sought
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Fri Jun 1 11:25:50 2007

Phillipe:

This may be a bit "far afield" from your desire.

Consider the Oly E500 which comes with two wide angle lenses at around
US $ 649.00 - less in some stores here.  You can swap lenses with the
L1, use the R adaptor, R lenses etc.  You only have to look at Gary
Todoroff's incredible images with the APO 280 4.0 to see what's
possible with that setup.

Or, buy the Panasonic at US 1,499.00.

I can't tell you where you'd end up with the Franc against the Dollar,
nor where you'd end up in shipping and import duties, but it might be
worth looking into.

Cheers,

Bob in Seattle.

  PS:  I'm quoting shelf prices at Circuit City and Best Buy - two large
US "Big Box" chains.