Subject: [Leica] caring....
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Jun 2 14:58:40 2007

On Jun 2, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Lottermoser George wrote:

> All of your medical photographic work show us slices of time and
> space which we benefit from seeing.
> This photograph reaches new heights of accomplishment in achieving
> composition, emotion, light and content in one 35mm frame.

thanks George....
the hard part is to do full justice and to pay proper respect...

based on the content and to the subjects...

not to be maudlin, nor self indulgent,

avoiding the blood and the gore...

which would be too easy to seize on....

two statements stick in my mind, which came from patients or nurses
while taking photos,  that capture the bittersweet reality of what we
do...

1. "I never wanted to be famous..."

2. "Let me poke your tumor..."

these stopped me in my tracks...

and overwhelmed me,

full of respect for the spirit, the courage,  and the humanity of
these kids...

Steve