Subject: [Leica] Re: Image storage
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat Jun 2 17:44:53 2007

I'm also sold on using multiple (redundant) HD's.  It is ideal for me since
I don't have a huge volume.  External 500gb drives will hold all my raw
files and portfolio, and a backup program like SyncBack lets you back up
from drive to drive with just one click.  At this point, all of my scans and
raw files live on three external HD's, one of which is stored away from the
computer.  If I outgrow that, I'll just move to a one TB drive, which by
then, of course, will be about 10TB for $50.  Then, migration to the Next
Big Thing will be easier than with dozens or hundreds of DVD's that may or
may not survive.

Ken