Subject: [Leica] fashion PS link
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jun 2 22:24:05 2007

I feel strongly that because there are supermodels in the world that get
paid to illustrate clothing this does not steal power from women.
Never has. Never will.
At the early part of the late feminist moment (the late 70s) this stupid
idea was passed round and gained a mild acceptance.
Within a few years by the mid 80s it was pretty much dropped with mild
embarrassment.

There are women in the world, men too who get paid an amazing amount of
money to represent products. Lets take this away from them. I don't think
so.

We could critize Einstein or Feynman for trying to make us guys and gals
both feel stupid; might as well just skip physics why try what's the point?
Or some great piano player for making us feel lousy at the piano.

Gee they digitally touch up that music to make us all feel bad about the way
we play chopsticks.

I'm glad I don't have to go out and buy a cello.
I just play Yo Yo ma.
And saves much time practicing. Easy on the neighbors. To not think a cow
has died next door.

I may get one tomorrow.

And I'm glad they'll always be a Mr. Ma to play better than I ever will in a
million years.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY