Subject: [Leica] Re: Love the Expodisc
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Sun Jun 3 19:55:39 2007

Jerry,

I have the ExpoDisk and agree that it gives the best white balance possible.
The use of the disk to find exposure is also interesting; I suppose that it
is similar to using a Minolta incident meter?

There is another great use for the disk:  to check the sensor dirt.  Set the
smallest aperture (say, f/22) and shoot through the disk, after you have set
the manual white balance.  You will get a perfectly white image with any
sensor dirt clearly visible.

I still shoot raw to get the benefit of exposure change and highest quality.
Also, I don't always get the time to do the manual white balance.

Bob Rose