Subject: [Leica] Dropped lens needs repair
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 4 08:29:51 2007

Jeffery, I searched the RF forum and found this: ...

I dropped a  50mm summi and bent the helical focusing gear. A "repairman"
worked on it and  advised me to rack the focus back and forth while I was
watching t.v. to loosen  the focusing. I did this for about two weeks and it
certainly did help the  stiffness. It never got close to the silky smooth
focus I
loved with this lens. I  finally sent the lens to Sherry Krauter   [
_krauter@warwick.net_ (mailto:krauter@warwick.net)  ]  and she  replaced the
gear and
worked some magic to bring the lens back to  the buttery smooth focus.

While it took some time to coax the parts from  Mother Leica it was worth
the
wait.

Bob [RPSawin]