Subject: [Leica] armed america - subject matter
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Jun 5 10:52:09 2007

Richard sed:

>Kyle, I love your work, you sense of humor and your writing style. If
>you do a book on your levitation project, goth chicks (clothed would
>be just fine with me) etc. I would buy it. The subject matter of your
>current book is not something I'd buy though. Nothing against you,
>nor do I wish to drag the debate onto LUG. Just want to wish you the
>very best of luck.

I never thought I'd want to look at a book of members of the Jewish
Diaspora, until I saw Frederic Brenner's "Exile at Home", I never
thought I'd want to look at a book of photos of teenage prostitutes
until I saw Mary Ellen Mark's book "Streetwise", I never thought I'd
want to look at a book of photos of ex-cons, until I saw Taryn Simon's
"The Innocents".

This is a photography book, not a gun advocacy book. I think if you flip
through it at your local bookstore you may find it more compelling than
you'd imagine. (I hope so anyway -- and I look forward to the reaction
from the LUG once it starts showing up in stores.)

But if not, I'm working on the goth chyk book ;-)

Kyle