Subject: [Leica] At eye level with dogs
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Wed Jun 6 04:18:56 2007

As Sonny mentioned about being at eye level with friendly animals,
Basset Hounds, in particular, are known for drool (and the slinging
thereof). A couple of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in flight is
more akin to Doug's birds than a fifty-to-seventy pound Basset
knocking the shooter over like a NFL lineman. Thank God for UVa
filters protecting Wetzlar glass, and equipment not made of plastic.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/leicabassets/onthelevel.jpg.html

Chatting with the pro working the event, she liked my M3, but was in
digital. When I mentioned the price tag on a M8, she simply countered
with "Have you priced a digital Hasselblad [H3D] lately?"  When one
adds in the obligatory 'Blad toys, the H3D costs more than my wee
Appalachian cottage (or maybe a bidet in the Bay Area)

Charlie Meyer
West Virginia Coordinator/Board Member
Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc. (BROOD)
Droolassic Park
Keyser, WV

Basset Hound Rescue: Work With Women. Pick Up Dogs.

Replies: Reply from bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio) ([Leica] 135 mm tele elmar)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] At eye level with dogs)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] At eye level with dogs)