Subject: [Leica] Banning of photography?
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Wed Jun 6 14:40:16 2007

A woman I was in grad school with had a gig
photographing grocery store shelves for a marketing
analysis firm. She had to be very careful to sneak her
shots, and used her boyfriend as a decoy/cover.

Food companies pay grocery chains for prime shelf
space and various sorts of exposure for their
products, and want to know 1) that they are getting
their money's worth and 2) what their competitors are
doing. Photographing the same is definitely viewed as
spying. Remember, the store IS private property.