Subject: [Leica] levitating dogs Now OKCLUG
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Wed Jun 6 16:40:20 2007

One of our running jokes here has been that we visit friends all over
the country but no one ever comes to Oklahoma City.  This week Sonny
came to town and we have been having a delightful visit.

After our Cavaliers gave him a warm (and wet) Oklahoma welcome, we all
(Janice and I and Sonny and the other member of the OKCLUG, Ken Carney
and his wife Susan) went out to a Thai restaurant for supper.  They sure
do know how to spice their food. We were offered our choice on a scale
of 1 to 5 and chose 3. After a few bites I was sweating and begging for
more water.  Sonny just smiled and said this was the first food he'd had
in Oklahoma that tasted like home.

I'll let him you tell you about his son Eric, the bassist, who is here
attending an impressive gathering of musicians. This is quite an
accomplishment for a high school student and Sonny is rightfully proud.

Attached is a photo I took in our backyard, before we left for supper,
of Ken and Sonny displaying their, ummm, hardware.  (Ken is on the left
for you newbies.)  I didn't watch the light very well and caught Sonny
squinting into the sun.  Despite what the faux frame says, this was shot
with my Canon 5D.  LEICA HAS NOT YET SENT ME THE PROMISED REPLACEMENT
FOR MY DEFECTIVE M8.  Well, they say they have, but its not here yet.

And in honor of the Beneluggers, Ken is holding a bottle of Leffe
Blonde.  Sonny, who holds his camera properly, has set down his
Grimbergen Double Ale.

http://www.bobbaron.com/OKCLUG_Ken_SonC.jpg

--Bob

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] levitating dogs Now OKCLUG)