Subject: [Leica] Re: DVD failure
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Jun 6 18:08:12 2007

Dennis,
I'm not Brian, but the answer turns on what you call the near future.  Five
years out CD's will be very hard to find and new computers will not read
them.  So, everything that is currently on a CD will need to be moved to a
DVD or whatever is next in the next five years.  Of course, you could
transfer all your CD's to a USB hard drive and then store the hard drive for
a few years until the BlueRay/HD wars play out and we know which will be the
standard.