Subject: [Leica] Sarah plays Haydn
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jun 6 19:50:38 2007

On 6/1/07 9:00 PM, "Bernard Quinn" <bjq1@mac.com> typed:

> Three nice shots. The Haydn D Major is one of my favorites. Does she
> want to go on and become a professional?
>
> Barney
>

> On Jun 1, 2007, at 1:55 AM, Peter Klein wrote:
>
>> Sarah, about to play the Haydn D Major Cello Concerto:
>> <http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/musicians/SarahHaydn1480-04.htm>
>>
>> And in the thick of it:
>> <http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/musicians/SarahHaydn1480-07.htm>
>> <http://users.2alpha.com/~pklein/musicians/SarahHaydn1480-10.htm>
>>
>> M6TTL, Tri-X, 90mm Summicron, 6 megabyte scans from Panda B&W lab
>> in Seattle.  The last one is at either 1/30 or 1/15 second to blur
>> the bow and finger movement.
>>
>> Sorry about the reflections. I'm wondering if I ought to start
>> bringing a polarizer to concerts, but that carries a 1.3 stop
>> penalty, plus the danger of making scraping noises at inappropriate
>> times.
>>
>> --Peter

A polarizer with tungsten light needs the tungsten light to have a sheet of
polarizing material in front of it to work Mr. MIT!
First I've just seen the shots I'm an X cellist who had some real crushes on
some of the other cellists (with long blonde hair).
And who had down loaded 4 hours worth of Jacqueline du Pr? late last year.
Which I'm listening to now.

Die Zauberfl?te, WoO.46, Seven Variations On 'Bei Mannern Welche Lieb
Fuhlene
Jacqueline du Pr? & Daniel Barenboim
Beethoven: Cello Sonatas & Variations

Great shots. forgot the reflections.
You might try selecting the general area of them and hit the highlight and
shadow adjustment Photoshop. That will cloud in much of it. It pulls
information out of elusive invisible pixies like the cows come home.

Mark Rabiner
Harlem, NY

markrabiner.com