Subject: [Leica] LEICA IIIF - I NEED SOME HELP
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Jun 7 14:53:17 2007

Good and wise advice
Saludos cordiales
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
John Biava
Enviado el: jueves, 07 de junio de 2007 3:26
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: Re: [Leica] LEICA IIIF - I NEED SOME HELP

Yes.  I watched through the front with the lens off as another shooter
loaded a film with a short leader at the time when Kodak,et al, changed from
20 exp to 24 exp by shortening the leader.  I could see the distorion on the
curtain as the top of the film pressed against it !

  The few lost frames will cost much less than a shutter repair.

Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@mac.com> wrote:

On Jun 6, 2007, at 9:08 PM, John Biava wrote:

> But once again, I will implore you to buy a film trimming template and
> trim the leader with a long tongue for the Leica III. You can damage
> the shutter curtains while loading film with the short tongue that is
> used today.

I'd also recommend this, definitely.

I know some folks say you don't have to trim the leaders, but my experience
is that it is essential, with my IIIf.

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Home Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons.
You are crunchy and go well with ketchup.