Subject: [Leica] Copy of ABLON template
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jun 7 16:11:46 2007

> Me?  I have used all four of these but I opted,
> back in the longago, for d).  I always have a
> Swiss Army Knife with me, as I have had since I
> was fourteen, and just clip the film.  The first
> time I did this, it took me fifteen or twenty
> seconds but now takes me five seconds or so to
> clip.  Open the base, clip the film, pull the
> take-up spool, insert the film into the take-up
> spool, insert the two, and close the base.  It
> takes fifteen or twenty seconds and Bob's your
> uncle.  If Grandma Leitz had not meant for it to
> be done this way, we would not have that mystic
> decal in our cameras.  Surely those gnomes of
> Wetzlar must have known SOMETHING, or we'd not be using these cameras.
>
>snippet<
> Marc

I also on my keychain for decades carry my SWISS ARMY KNIFE and the one with
the scissors which is also the one without the corkscrew. (how un French!)
So I'll give that a whirl.
The scissors on the Swiss army knife is the tool I use 99.9 of the time I
almost never need a knife.
Sometimes I use a screw driver.
To eat ice scream.
Goes slower that way.