Subject: [Leica] IMG: Paris Hotel de Ville - No kiss inside - Rain, bath tub & Bettancourt
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Jun 7 22:09:54 2007

I guess that's why he did not finish all the wine...

I heard about the auction of the stash from the Mayor's office. For us
Calvinist northern Europeans, the grandeur in which elected officials
live in France and elsewhere in southern Europe (and of course the pomp
and circumstance associated with the US presidency) is very strange and
actually off-putting. The city hall of Copenhagen is also a grand
building, but the mayor is expected to cycle to work...In the past
decade or two, most of the scandals that felled Danish politicians have
involved behaviour that would be entirely normal elsewhere, mostly
having to do with living too grandly.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman