Subject: [Leica] 3E discontinued
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Jun 8 08:37:57 2007

On 8 Jun 2007, at 10:50 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> Message: 25
> Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:28:31 -0500
> From: "Don Dory" <don.dory@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] 3 E discontinued
> To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
> Interesting,
> I suspect that Leica just can not keep up with the lens demand
> brought about
> by the M8.  Just about everything is backordered.  I too find the
> 3E a very
> useful lens for traveling light.  However, it is not a match for my
> heavier
> outfit of the 24 ASPH, 50ASPH, and the 90 Elmarit in terms of
> accutance,
> resistance to flare, or greater light gathering capability.
Hi Don,
Can't disagree with your alternate lens choices (I have them too) but
would observe that "on the fly" by the time you change your lens the
decisive moment is very likely long gone.
I really do hope they make a 35 - 50 - 75 combo but it seems
unlikely. ;-(
Howard (in Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] 3E discontinued)