Subject: [Leica] IMG: Drawbridge, a ghost town in the Silicon Valley
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Jun 8 15:55:24 2007

Something about the neighboring towns started to pump fresh water out
of the land and also sewage started to get dumped in the area.
Apparently when the last person left, people were vandalizing his
house while he was in there...

At 03:02 PM 6/8/2007, John Biava wrote:
>So what was the reason for the exodus ?
>
>Richard <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:  Within the spitting
>distance of million dollars 3 bedroom starter
>homes, lie a ghost town where the abandoned houses and sheds are
>slowing sinking into the Bay. Drawbridge has always been a no man's
>land, sitting in an island outside of San Jose and the then small
>town of Alviso. In the 20s and 30s, half of the town is filled with
>brothels as the police feared to tread in a town where nearly
>everyone was armed.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava) ([Leica] IMG: Drawbridge, a ghost town in the Silicon Valley)