Subject: [Leica] EQUIPMENT QUESTION
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Jun 8 21:49:56 2007

Not if the main purpose is to scan 35mm film. I still have my Nikon
LS-2000 scanner (8 years old or so) for the once in a blue moon that I
need to scan film, and it produces better results than my Epson V700
flatbed (which is my scanner for medium format film). Dedicated 35mm
film scanners do not take up that much space on the desk.

Roger, I think the recommendations for the various Nikon models are
sound. And the prices are in the hundreds of $ these days instead of the
$2000 I paid for my LS-2000 back in the late 90s.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands