Subject: [Leica] Leica M6/Tri-X vs. Ricoh GR-D and Leica D-Lux 3
From: mitcha at mac.com (mitcha@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 01:27:20 2007

> Excellent images and those small sensors are certainly not a
> problem for this application if anything they're perfectly matched,
> but these shots we see here on our screens are just a few hundred
> pixies across. The only problem is when you want to make a print of
> any size with them which is 240 to 360 dpi instead of 72.
>
> Then you have to keep it small or just have it looks the way it
> looks. Thinned out a bit passed it's meaty point...

Actually Mark, I have printed some of the Ricoh GR-D pictures at
100x133cm (40-52 inches) without any problem, even some pictures I
took at ISO 800 in RAW format. The Leica  D-Lux 3 pictures I haven't
tried printing that large, but 60x90cm (24x36 inches) was no problem.

--Mitch/Bangkok

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica M6/Tri-X vs. Ricoh GR-D and Leica D-Lux 3)