Subject: [Leica] CMA Music Festival
From: rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure)
Date: Tue Jun 12 18:34:37 2007

Why Harrison, hush-my-mouth, you don't like country music?  And with
all the work you do around it?  I'd be like a fat man in a candy store
if I were in your position.  Seriously, I grew up on Rock and Roll with
Country & Western, as it was called in those days, only listened to by
the hicks and hillbillies down where I grew up in Kentucky.  As I have
gotten older, I found that Country Music speaks to me in a new and
exciting way.  Maybe it is the politics and patriotic message of most
Country Music performers.  Or perhaps because most Country  is
indistinguishable from Rock and Roll (i.e., Montgomery Gentry),

BTW, I heard a motivational speaker the other day say he was in
Nashville a few months ago addressing a large crowd of bankers.  Part
of his presentation involves singing song parodies. He sang a version
of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire and really emphasized the "burn, burn,
burn" part of the lyrics.  He received only dead silence from the
audience instead of the usual laughter from the bit.  Later he found
out that Johnny Cash's former house, where he and June had lived for
many years, burned down the night before.  He said it was like
"spitting on the Cross."  He doesn't expect to be invited back.

Regards,

Rob McClure

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] CMA Music Festival)
Message from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] CMA Music Festival)