Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 23
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jun 13 13:55:54 2007

George, actually an interesting insight for me. I went back and took more
than a minute to identify the post that Hugh spoke about.
Even then, to me it's no more than a darker plane within the increasingly
OOF background. The footpath on my first thought, I might
have cloned out. I do follow what you have said about the corner effect
though.

For my eye though, the most prominent attribute in this pic is where the
focus lies. With the narrow DoF, I see an endearing poppet
with soft features and intent expression against the greens. The actual
sharpest plane seems to be slightly behind Sofia(?), but the
effect is that it adds to the smooth and delicate little girl rendering. I
thought that it works very well.

Cheers
Your humble student
Hoppy ;-)