Subject: [Leica] Printer Purgatory
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Thu Jun 14 19:35:32 2007

Excellent advice. I've been through multiple printers (BW & color),
continuous feed systems, third-party inks, with and without third-
party software. When I had the 2200 it was a great relief to be able
to get neutral black and white from the OEM inks (using QuadTone RIP,
then freeware, now $50). But the 2400 (and its larger brethren the
3800, and 9800 which I use in my business) rocks right out of the box.

But one other thing -- if you get a "clog" which doesn't clear after
more than one or two cleaning cycles it may not be a clog at all but
an air bubble in the system. Cleaning cycles may actually make this
worse, and they force more ink through the head and onto the pads
where everything gets gunked up as you well know. The solution is to
just shut the printer off for a while, ideally overnight. You'll
often be surprised by a perfect nozzle check in the morning!

Gilbert
http://www.upstatelight.com

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Printer Purgatory)