Subject: [Leica] IMGs Douglas's Friday Flowers
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Fri Jun 15 11:45:48 2007

Douglas and other LUGers

Sorry but I have a few comments/questions/suggestions.

* Douglas: when is a photograph a photograph and when is it artwork?
With some of these offerings I find it difficult to say. They are all
attractive but I prefer photographs and at some point I have to
wonder. Crocus_1 made me pause on that question. Let me stress I am
aware this issue is subjective.

* You say "it's Friday and this is a flower". Is there an
understanding about flowers and Fridays here?

* On the subject of Fridays, can I suggest those advertising items for
sale indicate in which part of the world they reside; I guess most of
you are in the USA but some of us are not. If I buy from outside
Europe I have to think about VAT (Value added tax) and VAT handling
charges - in my case that is 17.5% VAT plus handling.

Chris