Subject: [Leica] IMGs Douglas's Friday Flowers
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Jun 15 12:13:08 2007

No need to apologise , Chris, these are simply flowers as I wanted them
to be at the time. An abstraction that says (hopefully) something more
about the

1 ) the particular ephemeral delicacy of some flowers crocus)

2) the fact that the flower is the reproductive organ(s) of a plant as
in the , to me, vaguely and mysteriously erotic, Victoria Regina close up
3) that flowers can be quite alien in form and colour but still preserve
a certain simple basic symmetry

4) and that there is almost always a repetition of numbers and patterns
in flowers and leaves

The only way, for me, to try to illustrate this was to attempt to reduce
the flowers to their essential "Flowerness"., and depict this on an
absolutely neutral background.
Which , as ever, boils down to the basic idea behind almost everything
we do - "it seemed like a good idea at the time"
t may have worked, but that is something that is always the ultimate
decision of each viewer.
Thanks for taking a look, and offering something to think about too.
Douglas