Subject: [Leica] Re: Eight reel tanks
From: rfendress at fastermac.net (Richard Endress)
Date: Fri Jun 15 18:43:04 2007

Hi Arche,  When I worked for Unicolor as a sales rep. we didn't worry
about fill time on the 6 reel film Unidrum. You could get a seventh
reel in if you let the adjustable piston hang out the bottom a
little. Just start timing from the time you finished filling.
Obviously Unicolor recommended running some test rolls before
committing high value images to the process.  Unicolor's first
consideration was processing color film so they calibrated their
times for their chemistry. But I don't think there was any difference
if you ran Kodak color chemistry.  They felt B&W was not a critical
with more latitude to play with and no exposure vs density curves to
cross. Development time was reduced due to continuous agitation on
the roller of course. What drum are you thinking of using?  Richard