Subject: [Leica] LIGHTROOM LANDING REPORT. ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jun 17 06:42:26 2007

Ted said:
>>Hello LUG, ... LIGHTROOM ..has landed! ;-)
Nothing more than we're breathing and all signs of a successful loading
occurred! :-)

RAW exposures in process before darkness! A successful image lift off
expected before dawn! ;-)

Lightroom standing by. Over! <<<<<<<

Hello LUG:
It appears all LIGHTROOM systems are a "GO!"  It works and we're still
breathing!

Some confusion yet, but first image lift off looked OK and it's easier than
expected! ;-)

Well to be honest it was a harrowing lift off with a considerable amount of
colourful language to feed the after burners! ;-) But the second launch,
after reading the manual more closely of course, it was a much easier. ;-)

RAW is functioning!
JPEG is looking good!
PRINTS are Positive!

More DNG images required, those encountered yesterday after landing and LR
manipulation in RAW are very interesting on the positive side. However I did
find more "photo fiddling!" Although I'm sure this fiddling will become more
functional to my benefit with more fiddling. That is if you understand my
rarified comment. ;-)

The saving grace is, once the system fiddling sinks in and understanding the
written jargon becomes logical, then everything moves along quickly.
Actually surprisingly fast!

I used some previously unprocessed Photoshop JPEG images and did them in LR
which appeared to produce some improvement. However, not sure it was a fair
trial.

You "may have" a JPEG to full RAW convert on your hands. However until I see
an actual continuous improvement in print quality I shall remain a nervous
Nelly in training. ;-)

But it is looking good.  Thank you Wade! :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] LIGHTROOM LANDING REPORT. ;-))