Subject: [Leica] More on the forbidden bank
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sun Jun 17 16:46:03 2007

Is that where it stands Marc?

I had thought that the cops couldn't ask you for ID
without showing probable cause. Wasn't there a case
that went to the Supreme Court about 15 years ago
where a black guy, who was going out for walks in his
predominately white neighborhood, was getting
continually asked for ID, and got a ruling to the
effect that the police had to show reason for
compelling him to prove he lived there?