Subject: [Leica] Minor change - WAS RE: OT, sort of: Noritsu Minilab
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Jun 19 09:33:11 2007

These machines are not a problem for folks who know how to do
business. Our local "One Hour Foto" shop is doing a great business.
He drives a BMW and top a line Ducatti. His entire family works at
the place along with a couple others. He does passport photography,
posters, prints, scans, et al; sells frames, film, etc. He'll handle
anything digital or film that you want to throw at him. He's quick,
clean, and runs a very tight and tidy ship. He's figured out the
volume/profit formula and works it well. $5.50 to process a roll of
36ex C41 with a CD of scans (dust free). At least 8 local wedding
photogs use his service for their clients. There's usually at least 3
or 4 people at the counter. He's got two table top units to view your
"sd, cf whatever cards, and punch in your print orders without even
talking to a person. One of the staff is always spotting prints.
Lovely really.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com