Subject: [Leica] IMG: Northern Goshawk
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Tue Jun 19 11:41:30 2007

Doug:

So much for the "shortcomings" of the DMR.

It remains (IMHO) the one and only truly kickass digital back out
there.  Put a Modular Telyt or R-APO in front of it and place it in the
hands of someone with talent and the photographic horizons expand
accordingly.

Nice work, Doug.

Regards,

Bob

On Jun 19, 2007, at 11:03, telyt@earthlink.net wrote:

Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@comcast.net> wrote:

> Doug:
>
> Chance it, chance it!!!  Do the Evil Thing!
>
> Show the Eyeball.
>
> Do it, Doug, do it!

The kestrel file's at home, I'll have to post that tonight but for now
here's a crop of a Northern Goshawk (captive) photo made with the DMR &
560
f/6.8:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/nogo04crop.jpg

Note the dew drops on the upper eyelashes

the full image is at
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/nogo04.jpg

The Kestrel photo I'll post tonight was made with the 280 f/4 APO + 1.4x
extender.  You think the 560 is sharp?  Think again!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -