Subject: [Leica] Just ventured into B&W with manual processing (first in my life) - please check the outcome
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 21 06:05:07 2007

Alex,
Addressing the dirt and water streak issues.  First, dilute some photo-flo
at no more than label directions with distilled water and hang at an angle
so that the water goes to the edge of the roll and then down and you will
remove almost all spotting/water spot issues.  Second, make or buy a film
dryer so that one, dirt is almost completely eliminate and second, your film
is dry in minutes instead of the next day.  You can make a film dryer out of
some schedule 40 PVC, a hair dryer, some HEPA filters for a vacuum and a
small bit of very stiff wire or wide mesh screen to hold the reels inside
the dryer.

In the LUG archives there is a tremendous amount of information regarding
processing B&W film.  Also, questions to us will provide some extremely
knowledgeable folks to answer.

Thanks for showing the images and keep pushing the shutter release.