Subject: [Leica] Happy Mountain Elmar Day
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Thu Jun 21 09:39:15 2007

Jim:

Right you are.  I was out working in the yard without lights until
nearly 2230.

This week I'm trying to capture some very shy water irises in my
Japanese garden; tone variety, Black Mardi Gras, are deep purple with
thin yellow stripes - another variety don't recall name) is yellow with
very fine dark filigree.  I got them is past with digital but never
enough detail or faithful color rendition.  Almost always in the
filtered shade of a Sangu Koku (Coral Bark) maple.

Fortunately the low, late afternoon sun now shows up around 1900 or so.
  Which is good because these guys only hang around for a few days after
opening.

Trying the R Vario 28-90 Asph on tripod at 90mm, 4.5, with and without
Helliopan Circular Polarizer.  Tripod legs on dirt, boulders and
stepping stone, crazy angle, backache position for the photographer.
Shooting Kodak Portra 400 at 320.

This is definitely Obsessive-Compulsive.  That's my story, and I'm
sticking to it...

Regards,

Bob
(somewhere pretty close to ?47.5N -122.13W  Elev. 400 ft - which is
Deep South compared to David Young and the Tedster)