Subject: [Leica] What's the name of this bird?
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Thu Jun 21 14:15:18 2007

Cedar Waxwings also love Pyrocanthus berries; you know, the pretty
shrub with the long, sharp thorns and orange berries.  I once saw a
small flock (6-8 birds) clean out a bush in 10 minutes.  Very effcient
harvesters, them guys.

They came back the next day.  Just in case it made more berries
overnight, I guess.

We get them in the Seattle area in late spring as they make their way
north - to some place up north.  Maybe to visit Ted or David?

Regards,

Bob