Subject: [Leica] Re: First B&W
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Thu Jun 21 12:59:54 2007

Oh Larry, thank you for your warm comments, sound really flattering to
my ears... :-) , albeit I constantly see B&W pieces of art by many
photographer including here on LUG (and on RFF) which are more then
inspiring for me..
Those are indeed my first B&W endeavor, used to shoot color (C41 and
slides) and making a leap into street scenic photography (well, M6 with
50mm/2 'Cron just cries for that...)I noticed in many cases color is
just disturbing and often divert the watcher's attention to a color mess
instead of cosuing on the happening. So I though B&W will makes the
thing simple and clear, mosre self-explanatory.
Following an advise of a friend of mine who is a professionally educated
photographer and artist, I bought a bunch of Tri-X to start with, few
Plus-X and HC-110 (the only readily available at the store when I was
visiting few weeks ago). Aimed with his brief introduction into B&W
theory and with tremendous help on RFF I developed my first roll,
followed by the second recently.
Still have lots to learn, I feel this is indeed just a very beginning of
the adventure and I like that....
Already got few very helpful advises here on LUG regarding B&W
processing, will be carefully learning them through....though my
"darkroom" is actually our kitchen + bathroom which is shared with my
family ;-)   so that maintaining it intact isnt' something that easy to
implement.... :-D

Best, Alex