Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 35, Issue 150
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu Jun 21 18:50:10 2007

Larry,
If then you add maki-e (lacquer work) to the mix, signed off by individual
artists, you reach M8 territory:

http://www.nibs.com/Namiki%20Emperor.htm

They are stunningly beautiful, and works of art.

Incidentally, both Sailor ant Pilot still make inexpensive, attractive pens
for schoolchildren, as does Pelikan. Montblanc stopped this in the late
1980s, and decided to concentrate on being a fashion accessory, with a
marked drop in quality since then. If ever you buy a Montblanc, buy one
second hand, made before 1985.
Cheers
Jayanand