Subject: [Leica] RAW
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri Jun 22 23:26:56 2007

I had a similar epiphany during my very first week of shooting digital,
back in 2004. I took this picture with a Canon 10D. It was literally my
first week with that camera, and I was shooting JPEG for convienience:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2004/2004_31alt2.jpg
Then I decided (partly based on some LUG comments) to convert the image
to B&W. No matter what I did, I just could not get the tones right or
avoid artifacts. From that day on, I have been shooting only RAW.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands