Subject: [Leica] Anyone had experience with the Sigma DP1?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Jun 25 11:02:11 2007

The noise levels of the sensor in the SD14 got lousy results when tested
in the German photo press - the DP1 has the same sensor.
According to an article here, the DP1 does have RAW format (X3F Format),
and it does have a hot shoe (and an accessory finder). I was very
interested until I read about the f4 and the noise of the SD 14 sensor,
the only thing it has going for it now is the absolutely natural colours
delivered by the foveon sensor - rated as almost perfect/best ever in
the mags over here.
Douglas
Full specs here
http://www.sigma-dp1.com/