Subject: [Leica] Oops! Dropped my M8 :-(
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Jun 25 18:27:43 2007

Oh my god.

My sympathies to you.

regards
Vick

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+vick.ko=sympatico.ca@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+vick.ko=sympatico.ca@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Stan
Yoder
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 9:21 PM
To: lug@leica-users.org

Had the Viso III on tripod doing close-up nature stuff on an Elderhostel in
northern Mich. Went to disconnect the M8 therefrom, and for once didn't have
my arm through the strap. Down she went to the hard, hard gravel road.
Clumsy me. When I picked it up, the shutter leaves were en dishabile, one
bent and bulging out.

Argh. Finished the hostel with my backup digilux-2, which is really not bad
at all.

So, off to Allendale tomorrow. Hope it doesn't have to go on to Solms.

Back to the M2.

Actually, RFs aren't the best for this genre. All the other spavined
septuagenarians there had DSLRs, except for three film people, also SLRs.
They were shooting the pants off me, with their 20-300 macro zooms and
whatnot. But what I got, I got well. For the most part.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh