Subject: [Leica] Oops! Dropped my M8 :-(
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Mon Jun 25 18:21:22 2007

Had the Viso III on tripod doing close-up nature stuff on an Elderhostel in
northern Mich. Went to
disconnect the M8 therefrom, and for once didn't have my arm through the
strap. Down she went to the
hard, hard gravel road. Clumsy me. When I picked it up, the shutter leaves
were en dishabile, one
bent and bulging out.

Argh. Finished the hostel with my backup digilux-2, which is really not bad
at all.

So, off to Allendale tomorrow. Hope it doesn't have to go on to Solms.

Back to the M2.

Actually, RFs aren't the best for this genre. All the other spavined
septuagenarians there had
DSLRs, except for three film people, also SLRs. They were shooting the pants
off me, with their
20-300 macro zooms and whatnot. But what I got, I got well. For the most
part.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Oops! Dropped my M8 :-()