Subject: [Leica] M8 back from NJ clinic
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue Jun 26 11:25:18 2007

George, it's good to hear your M8 is back and working, so far.

(I hate to sound pessimistic, but I'm on M8 #3 for now...the first two
had electronic gremlins and this one seems to backfocus pretty
substantially at close distances with lenses 35mm and longer.)

If I recall correctly yours went back because of a hung shutter.  Am I
right?  Did they repair it or send you a new one?

When you got it today, did it have firmware 1.09 or 1.102 installed?

If they sent back your original, did they give you any clue at all as to
what was wrong and what they did to fix it?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know.

Thanks,

--Bob

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] M8 back from NJ clinic)