Subject: [Leica] FS: Its Friday somewhere and I'm running out of time...
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Jun 28 06:13:55 2007

re: m7 being sold to fund a wedding.

I've always been of the opinion that a couple's friends should pay for the
wedding -- why have two people start off their new life with a $5,000 debt?
In lieu of a wedding gift, when it's my turn to make up the traditions,
wedding guests will pay for their own food and drinks, kick in $30 for the
hall and the photographer, have a lovely party, and go home fed and tipsy
with the happy realization that their friends are not saddled with the debt
of their shennanigans at an open bar. I think the expectation that people
have to be feted just because their friends are getting married is a bit
strange. (But then, I'm a bit strange.)

So, my sage advice is: "Keep the M7, get new friends!"

kc

p.s. shame on you though for only running six rolls of film through it.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:FS: Its Friday somewhere and I'm running out of time...)
Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] FS: Its Friday somewhere and I'm running out of time...)