Subject: [Leica] IMG: Harbors #38
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 28 14:46:17 2007

Ric,
This happens everywhere.  Currently, dirt in my neighborhood is going for
absurd amounts of money.  So, folks who are nearing retirement are forced to
sell as they can not afford 20-50K annual property tax assessments on
property that they only paid 50-60K for years ago.  Same deal, developer
gets relatively cheap land and the county and city get more tax revenue.