Subject: [Leica] family pictures and good cameras
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Jun 30 17:02:33 2007

One of my projects for 2007 has been to digitize all of my parents' old
family photographs and make them accessible to relatives who aren't ever
going to see and touch the physical albums that my mother has so carefully
organized and classified. There are a lot of negatives; I try to spend 90
minutes each day working on them.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am that my parents decided in 1951, shortly
before my 2nd birthday, to buy a Rolleiflex (Automat 6x6 - Model K4/50) and
learn how to use it properly. These thousands of negatives, pretty much all
shot on Plus X, are very high quality and show what people really looked
like.

I did tell my mother of my gratitude, but I'm further expressing that
gratitude by doing all of this digitizing. Here's a picture of my mother
taken in December 1952, printing Rollei negatives in the Officer's club
darkroom at Naval Ordnance Test Station in China Lake, California.

http://gallery.reid.org/v/subject/betty/60_1952_003.JPG.html

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] family pictures and good cameras)
Reply from charcot at comcast.net (Charcot) ([Leica] family pictures and good cameras)
Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] family pictures and good cameras)